NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER THE CONTEST.
A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- CONTEST TIMING: The Verizon 5G Superfan NFL Kick-Off Contest (the “Contest”) begins at 12:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on September 9, 2021 and ends at 2:59 AM ET on September 14, 2021 (the “Contest Period”). Sponsor’s clock is the official “timekeeper” of this Contest.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. Employees of Verizon Wireless (the “Sponsor”), Twitter Inc. (“Twitter”), Don Jagoda Associates, Inc. (“Administrator”), their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, governors, owners, partners, distributors, retailers, advertising/promotion/service agencies, dealers, licensors, agents, suppliers, and independent contractors (collectively, the “Contest Entities”), the NFL Entities (as defined below) and each of their immediate family members and/ or those living in the same household (defined as spouses, parents, siblings and children and anyone else residing in their same household) are not eligible for the Contest. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
- SUBMISSION: Automated Entries, regardless of method of submission, are prohibited, and any use of such automated devices will cause disqualification. All Entries must be complete to be eligible. All Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned, and Sponsor will not verify receipt of Entries. Normal Internet and/or mobile device access and usage charges imposed by Entrants’ online and/or mobile service will apply and are Entrants’ sole responsibility. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, corrupted, incomplete or damaged Entries. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt by Sponsor.
- ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: All Entries must be in English and must comply with these Official Rules and the registration instructions, as well as the directions included in the Twitter Post, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to be eligible. The Entry may not contain obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory or inappropriate content; and may not include human nudity, acts of violence or abuse, acts that appear to cause injury or harm, or acts that are illegal or dangerous, or any graphic content as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Entries must also not contain any of the following: hateful, abusive or sensitive content; inclusion of restricted and/or illegal products/services; adult sexual content; profanity and offensive language; political statements that instigate hate speech; or controversial religious statements/affiliations. Entries may not contain any third-party materials other than those that are applicable to the Twitter Post, and may not contain any materials that violate or infringe (or may be at risk of infringing) any third-party rights, including without limitation copyright, trademark rights, privacy rights (including portrayal in a false light), publicity rights, or other intellectual property rights. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor has the sole discretion to determine whether an Entry qualifies as an Entry. Any Entry not in compliance with the above and which does not meet the requirements of these Official Rules will be disqualified. By entering, you agree to waive any rights you may have to the Entry submitted. By entering, you understand that your Entry in its entirety or portion thereof may (in Sponsor’s sole discretion) be posted on websites, Social Media sites and/or other Sponsor-selected media.
- TRANSFER OF RIGHTS: By submitting an Entry, you hereby grant the Contest Entities the irrevocable, perpetual, royalty free, worldwide rights to use, reproduce, publish, edit, market, store, adapt, assign, sell, dispose of, distribute, have distributed, publicly and privately display, communicate, publicly and privately perform, transmit, have transmitted, create derivative works based upon, and promote the Entry or excerpts of the Entry (as such may be edited and modified by the Sponsor in its discretion) in perpetuity, for editorial, commercial, promotional and all other purposes (including posting on Sponsor-affiliated websites, and/or other Sponsor-selected media). Further, by entering, you understand that your Entry in its entirety or portion thereof may (in Sponsor’s sole discretion) be posted on websites, Social Media sites and/or other Sponsor-selected media.
- RANDOM DRAWING/ PRIZE WINNER DETERMINATION:
Random Drawings: On or about September 16, 2021, 100 eligible Entries will be randomly selected to be judged from among all eligible Entries received throughout the Contest Period. Drawing will be conducted by the Administrator, an independent judging organization whose decisions are final and binding on all matters related to the Contest. The odds of being selected in the random drawing depend on the total number of eligible Entries received. If less than 100 eligible Entries are received then all eligible Entries will be judged.
- 40% - Creativity used in bringing Super fan moment to life
- 30% - Passion used in describing Super fan moment
- 30% - Originality of Super fan moment
The 100 Entries selected in the random drawing will be judged by a panel of Sponsor representatives (“Judges”) by October 22, 2021, based on the following criteria:
The top one (1) Entry that receives the highest scores from the judges will be deemed the Grand Prize Winner, subject to verification. In the event of a tie, tied Entries will be re-judged by the Judges based 100% on Creativity used in bringing Super fan moment to life.
Sponsor/Judges’ decisions are final with respect to all matters relating to the Contest. By participating, Entrants agree to the decisions of the Judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects. No information regarding Entries or judging will be disclosed to any third party not involved in the conduct of the Contest.
- CONTEST WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential Grand Prize winner will be contacted initially by Direct Message on Twitter. The potential Grand Prize winner (“Winner” or “Grand Prize Winner”) will then be required to execute and return, via email, a Declaration of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release (where legal) and an Assignment of Rights within forty-eight (48) hours of notification or potential Grand Prize Winner will be disqualified. If Winner notification is returned as non-deliverable, or if potential Winner fails to return the required verification documents within the required time frame, said potential Winner will be disqualified and an alternate will be determined. Acceptance of Prize constitutes permission for Contest Entities to use Winner’s name, Entry, pictures, and likenesses for promotional purposes in any and all media throughout the Universe in perpetuity without further compensation except where prohibited by law. Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a background check on the Grand Prize Winner and reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any Entrant based on the results of such background check, if Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that awarding the prize to such Entrant might reflect negatively on Sponsor. Factors that would result in disqualification as an Entrant include, without limitation, any Entrant having been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor, being delinquent on a government ordered payment, such as child support, spousal support, alimony, tax payments, etc. Grand Prize Winner’s social media pages must be in keeping with Sponsor’s image (no offensive or derogatory language, discrimination, bullying or harassment).
- PRIZE AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”): One (1) Grand Prize: Two (2) tickets, one for Winner and one for a guest (“Guest”) to each attend the Super Bowl for the 10 years from 2022 through 2032. ARV OF GRAND PRIZE WILL NOT EXCEED: $100,000. Tickets will be provided to Winner each year prior to the corresponding game. Prize does not include any travel or accommodations. All federal, state and/or local income and other taxes on the actual value of the prize are Winner’s sole responsibility. Grand Prize Winner will be taxed on a yearly basis based on the actual face value of each ticket. Game tickets are subject to Terms and Conditions thereon and seating will be designated by Sponsor. Winner and Guest may also pass any required medical testing and comply with any requirements, at any time, that may be required or recommended by any government agency, venue, or Sponsor, including without limitation, passing one or more COVID-19 antigen and screening tests, and testing negative for COVID-19 or having the COVID-19 vaccine(s) and they may also be required to execute any assumption of risk and/or other documents relating to COVID-19 or he/she/they may not be permitted to attend any game. Each Grand Prize Winner’s Guest (for each game) will be required to complete and sign a Travel Liability Affidavit and a Publicity Release in order to accompany Grand Prize Winner to the game each year. In the event the Guest is considered a minor, Winner must be Guest’s parent or legal guardian and must sign the Guest’s Travel Liability Affidavit and Publicity Release on his/her/their behalf. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute the prize (or any year’s tickets or any portion of prize) with one of comparable or greater value. Sponsor shall not have any responsibility or liability whatsoever for any property loss, damage, personal injury, or death, in connection with any prize provided pursuant to the Contest and/or any person’s participation in the Contest.
Resale of game tickets is strictly prohibited. All NFL tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions as specified thereon. Grand Prize winner and guest must abide by all venue policies and regulations, including without limitation all health and safety protocols, and ticket terms and conditions at all times. The Sponsor reserves the right to revoke the full or partial Grand Prize from any winner or guest who the Sponsor, venue personnel or the NFL Entities deem in any of their sole discretion, may be intoxicated, be a safety risk, have violated any venue or NFL policy or law, fail to comply with the NFL’s (or its designee’s) health and safety protocols, or bring the Contest Entities/ NFL Entities into disrepute. For the avoidance of doubt, unused tickets cannot be refunded, exchanged or applied towards tickets for any subsequent NFL event or for cash.
- GENERAL RULES: By participating in this Contest, each Entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and instructions and by all decisions of the Contest Entities, which are final and legally binding in all matters relating to this Contest. By participating, Entrants and Winner agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Contest Entities and the NFL Entities from and against any claims, damages, or liability due to any damages, or losses or injuries to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize or participation in any Contest-related activity or participation in this Contest. Entrants further agree not to pursue any right, claim or action against the Contest Entities in connection with their participation in this Contest. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant, the authorized account holder of the email associated with Winner’s Twitter account will be deemed to be the Entrant. An “authorized account holder” of an email address or is the natural person in whose name the email address has been issued by the Internet Access provider or on-line service provider. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries, technical hardware/software failures of any kind, lost/unavailable network connections, or failed/incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission, which may limit a user’s ability to participate. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or Site; violates the Official Rules; or acts in a disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Participants hereby disclaim any rights, including any copyright or any other intellectual property right, in or to the Entry following the assignment contemplated hereby. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest which may limit the ability of an individual to participate in or accept a prize in the Contest, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Entries in this Contest. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for any typographical error in the printing of these Official Rules, administration of the Contest or in the announcement of the prize. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for damages to user’s system occasioned by participating in the Contest or downloading any information to participate in the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to modify or cancel any of the portions of the Contest if they become technically corrupted. In such event, Sponsor would conduct the random drawing from among all eligible Entries received prior to cancellation and judge the Entries from those selected prior to cancellation.
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION: By entering this Contest, Entrants agree that to the extent permitted by applicable law: 1) Any and all disputes, claims, and of action arising out of or connected with the Contest or the prize shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; 2) Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, and shall not include any punitive, consequential or other damages, including costs associated with entering the Contest but in no event include attorneys' fees; 3) The value of the prize set forth above represents Sponsor’s determination of the ARV in its sole and absolute discretion thereof and such determinations are final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of prize turns out to be less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded in cash; and 4) Under no circumstances will any Entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All dispute resolution shall be made by the Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- NO WAIVER: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- GOVERNING LAW, JURISDICTION AND VENUE: Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Contest , Entrant agrees that (a) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association and held at the AAA regional office nearest the Entrant; (b) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (c) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, direct or indirect or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than Entrant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with participating in this Contest), and Entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased to the extent permitted by applicable law.
- MISCELLANEOUS CONDITIONS: Except to the extent pre-empted by federal or other applicable state law, the Contest shall be governed by the laws of the State of New Jersey, without giving effect to any conflict of law provisions thereof. By participating in the Contest, entrants agree that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between entrant and Sponsor, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in New Jersey, having competent jurisdiction, which court shall apply the laws of the State of New Jersey without giving effect to any conflict of law provisions thereof.
- WINNER LIST: For the name of the Winner, available after October 31, 2021, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope postmarked by October 25, 2021, to: Verizon 5G Superfan NFL Kick-Off Contest Winner (Attn: ND), 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747.
- SPONSOR: The Sponsor of the Contest is Verizon Wireless, One Verizon Way, Basking Ridge, NJ 07920.
THIS CONTEST IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH TWITTER. YOU ARE PROVIDING YOUR INFORMATION TO SPONSOR AND NOT TO TWITTER.
Entrants irrevocably waive all claims against the National Football League, its member professional football clubs, players, NFL Ventures, Inc., NFL Ventures, L.P., NFL Properties LLC, NFL Enterprises LLC and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees (collectively, the “NFL Entities”) and agree that the NFL Entities will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in this Contest or the prizes awarded. The NFL Entities have not offered or sponsored this Contest in any way. The Super Bowl is a registered trademark of the NFL.